The main objective is to make the Library the most efficient Learning Resource Center to contribute to the quality of higher education. The College has a well-stocked computerized library with a good collection of books, journals and magazines. It is managed and run by a competent Librarian. The reference section is open during College hours. The Library has adequate facilities for the purpose of reading by the students and teachers.
The College has a nice Canteen within the campus which offers many different types of delicacies. A lot of serious discussion also happens here on topics of serious interest..
The College provides Hostel facilities for boys and girls studying Degree Honors Courses only. There are limited seats available. For detailed information please contact the Principal and Warden of Synod College Boys and Girls Hostel.
NATIONAL CADET CORPS
Motto: The Motto of NCC is `Unity and Discipline`
The NCC in the College was started in the year 1977. Students can join either NCC or NSS while they are students in the College.
- To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, To Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
- Shri T. Lynshiang, Assistant Professor,Department of Khasi ( Boys )
- Smt. I. Mond, Assistant Professor, Department of Hindi ( Girls)
NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
The Motto of NSS `Not Me But You`
Students can join either NCC or NSS while they are students in the College.
Objectives: The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are to :
- Understand the community in which they work
- understand themselves in relation to their community
- identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- gain skills in mobilising community participation
- acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- practise national integration and social harmony
- A.P. Warjri, Associate Professor, Department of Geography
- D.D. Nengnong, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography
- Shri Mawrie, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
- I. Mond, Assistant Professor, Department of Hindi
The College offers the College scholarship annually for those students who secure the highest total marks in CLASS XII Arts, Science and Commerce Final Board Examination provided they pass with a 1 st Class/ Division and continue for Degree classes in Synod College..