CENTRE FOR HISTORICAL RESEARCH SYNOD COLLEGE
About the Centre
The Centre’s goal is to systematically develop methodology and approaches for global, comparative, and transnational history in various fields of historical research. The Centre aims at bringing together scholars active in researching a wide variety of subjects. The Centre offers to the researcher and students, an advanced system of knowledge foundation and research explorations in the realm of historical studies and the porous boundaries between the discipline of history and adjacent fields of social sciences and potentialities of the cross-disciplinary research agenda-setting. The reconstruction and the understanding of the past are of paramount importance to protect and preserve the cultural and intellectual heritage.
Key research topics for the Centre are
Ribal Studies, Indigenous Architecture, Traditional knowledge, Health, Folklore, Culture and Identity, Performances and Material Culture, Religion, Environmental History, Women Studies, State Formation, Historiography, etc.
- The primary objective of the Centre is to emphasize the importance of theory and analytical concepts in reconstructing the past.
- To promote research and academic exchanges on history and the social sciences.
- To build a corpus of academic works in the northeastern region of India. To focus on the study of contemporary History along with exploring the history of other related regions.
- To promote research in hitherto unexplored areas with a focus on the primary sources with special emphasis on areas which have not received adequate attention so far.
- Encourage and assist publication of research.
- To preserve historical antiques and other related records. To this end, the centre houses a state-of-the-art library, complete with the latest books, publications, journals and other reference material on North East history and society.
- To work towards creating a comprehensive database on North East India which will generate scholarly interest at both national and international levels.
Researchers and students are therefore encouraged not only to conduct in-depth research but also instantaneously develop social obligation to judiciously apply the freshly acquired knowledge.
- The Centre will organize Seminars, Conferences, Colloquiums, etc.
- Series of Lectures (Quarterly) and the same will be published.
- Research projects will be undertaken.
- Publication of an annual Journal with RNI and ISSN code.
- Exhibition of antique, documents, records, books, etc.
Centre for Historical Research Synod College (CHRSC)
The Advisory Committee
|1||Dr. Wanwei Roy Kharlukhi||Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha|
|2||Prof. David Reid Syiemlieh||Former Chairman, Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi and Former Vice-Chancellor, Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh|
|3||Prof. Uwe Skoda||School of Culture and Society – India and South Asia Studies, Aarhus University, Denmark|
|4||Prof. Amena Passah||Department of History, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong|
|1||Dr. Richard M. Lyngdoh||President CHRSC and Principal, Synod College, Shillong|
|2||Shri. S. Jyrwa||Vice-President CHRSC and Vice- Principal, Synod College, Shillong|
|3||Dr. Merostar Rani||Ex-Officio Member CHRSC and Vice- Principal, Synod College, Shillong|
|4||Dr. Gayreen Lyngdoh||Ex-Officio Member CHRSC and Coordinator, IQAC, Synod College, Shillong|
|4||Shri. David Arnold Kharchandy||Secretary CHRSC and Assistant Professor, Department of History, Synod College, Shillong Shri. Kerl’ihok Lyngdoh Buam, Member CHRSC, Assistant Professor and Head, Department of History, Synod College, Shillong|
|4||Smt. P. Gracefullness Bonney||Member CHRSC and Assistant Professor, Department of History, Synod College, Shillong|
|4||Dr. Rusievan Shangpliang||Member CHRSC and Assistant Professor, Department of History, Synod College, Shillong|
Banshaikupar Lyngdoh Mawlong Dr. Charles Reuben Lyngdoh
International Centre for North-East Studies International Centre for North-East Studies
Meghalaya, India Meghalaya, India
Mob- +918974206428 Mob- +919856334168
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org