- Head Of Department
Dr Ibandalin Wanswett
Department of Economics
Year of Establishment: –1965 Names of programmes / courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil, Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., etc.):- UG Names of interdisciplinary courses and the departments/unitsProf involved): NONE Annual/ semester/ choice-based credit system (programme wise): –SEMESTER SYSTEM Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments: NONE Courses in collaboration with other universities, industries, foreign institutions, etc.: NONE Details of courses/ programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons: NONE Number of teaching posts: 4
|#||Name||Designation||Date of Joining|
|1||Dr Ibandalin Wanswett||Associate Professor||2004-06-04||Profile|
|2||Dr. (Ms) Ibalari Phylla Khongjoh||Assistant Professor||2005-07-01||Profile|
|3||Dr. Lasara Marie Lyngdoh Nongsiej||Assistant Professor||2016-06-16||Profile|
|4||Austrian Mawrie||Assistant Professor||2020-12-10||Profile|
- The Department of Economics and Political Science (UG) in collaboration with IQAC, Synod College organised a two-day International Inter-disciplinary seminar on “Human Resource Development in South-Asia: Capabilities, Challenges, and Prospects on the 16th and 17th of March 2018
- The special talk on “Investor Awareness Programs” was conducted on the 15th of February 2019 in the conference hall of the college organised by the Department of Economics in collaboration with the Department of Commerce.
- The Department of Education, PG section, Synod College always has invited lectures from the faculties of the Department of Economics. One such lecture was delivered by Dr. I. Wanswett on the 10th of October 2019 on ANOVA.
- The special talk on “Road Map to Administrative Services: MCS Examination” was organised by the Department of Economics and Political Science, PG section in the auditorium of the college
- The Department of Economics, Synod College, Shillong together in collaboration with the District Statistical Officer, East Khasi Hills, Shillong organised a one-day workshop on the Sensitisation programme on various statistical indicators as part of Publicity and Information, Education and Communication (IEC) activities on the 16th December 2022
- International Inter-Disciplinary Seminar on “Look South Policy vis-à-vis Meghalaya” on the 21st – 22nd November 2022, Synod College, Shillong.
- The Department of Economics and Department of Education (PG), Synod College organised a certificate course on Basic Statistics which commence from 7th March 2022 – 24h May 2022
- The Department of Economics organised a study tour for the students across all semesters on the 8th of March 2023 to Pongtung as part of experiential learning