Name Dr. A. Phidarihun Warjri
Contact Information [email protected]/9774012586
Designation Assistant Professor
Qualification M.A. Geography, UGC (Net), P.hD
Area of Interest Regional Planning, Remote Sensing/GIS
Date of Joining 15.9.2004
1.’Diversification of agricultural Practices: Passion Fruit farming a booster for rural economy’- Meghalaya
2.’Impact of Tea cultivation on the environment of Meghalaya’, (A case study of Ri-Bhoi District).
3.“Supplementation of household income through diversification of agricultural practices- a venture into strawberry cultivation in Meghalaya.
4. “ Innovative utilization of bamboo- A viable option to upscale livelihood in rural Meghalaya”
5. Forest Fire: Its impact on the Biodiversity of Ri-Bhoi District of Meghalaya.
• Journal: 1. “The issue of Gender Discrimination in Meghalaya with special reference to East khasi hills” Published in IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR -JHSS) Volume 19, Issue 4, Ver. VII (Apr. 2014), PP 101-107 e-ISSN: 2279-0837,p -ISSN: 2279-0845.(www.iosrjournals.org)
• Chapter in Books: 1. “Tea Cultivation and Biodiversity: A Case study of Ri Bhoi District, Meghalaya”(2011): Species Extinction in Meghalaya, Edited by D. Marngar and Radiancy D. Lyngdoh (2011). Published by DVS Publishers, H.B. Road, Panbazar, Guwahati-781001 (ISBN: 978-81-86307-45-8).
2. Re-evaluating the Potential of Bamboo shoot for Enhancement of Rural livelihood: A Case study of Ri Bhoi District, Meghalaya. (2011): Innovative Resourcing: Empowering Rural Livelihood, Edited by I. Wanswett and D. Wanswett. Published by Akansha Publishing House, New Delhi-110002.(ISBN:978-81-8370-271-3)
3. “Undocumented Migration: A Societal Dilemma for Recipient Regions of South Asia with Special Reference to Meghalaya-India”(2016) Human Migration in South Asia: Dynamics and Implications. ISBN978-81-8370474-8. Edited by Kwilly Nongrum and A.P Warjri 2016
4. “Gender Discrimination Challenges in Meghalaya: Observation in East Khasi hills.” (2016). Human migration in South Asia: Prospects and constraints, by Vinod K.Bhardwaj & Anand Kumar N.Sawant. Published by Smt. Neelam Batra, G. B. Books 4832/24, S-204 Prahlad Lane, Ansari Road, New Delhi-110002 (ISBN NO.:978-93-83930-10-4).
1. “Re-evaluating the Potential of Bamboo shoot for the enhancement of Rural livelihood- A case study of Ri-Bhoi District, Meghalaya.” in the National seminar on “Innovative Resourcing: Empowering Rural livelihood” held at Synod College, Shillong on15th -16th October 2009.
2. “Re-assessing Tourism potential in Meghalaya (A case study of Nongkhnum and Mawthadraishan areas) West Khasi Hill District-Meghalaya” in the 10th National Conference of the Association of Punjab Geographers held at Government College of Education – Patiala, Punjab on 31st Oct- 1st Nov 2009.
3. “Forest Fire-Its impact on the Biodiversity of Ri-Bhoi District of Meghalaya” in the National Seminar on “Burning Environmental issues: Risk to Biodiversity and Human health with special reference to North East India” held at Saint Mary’s College, Shillong on 15th and 16th May, 2013.
4. The issue of Gender Discrimination in Meghalaya with special reference to East Khasi Hills. in the National Conference organized by the Department of History on “Religion vis-à-vis Socio-Political, Ecological and Gender Issues: A Historical perspective” held at Synod College on the 10th and 11th October, 2013.
5. “Undocumented Migration: A Societal Dilemma for Recipient Regions of South Asia with special reference to Meghalaya, India.” in the Interdisciplinary International seminar on “Human Migration in South Asia: Dynamics and Implications” held at Synod College on the 9th and 10th October, 2014.