Bonny Cottage,Nongrim Hills,House No. C/C - 011, Beyond P & T Colony, Shillong -3.
Ph. D. In Chemistry.
Qualification: M. Sc., Ph. D
Area of Interest: Inorganic Chemistry
Date of Joining: 23.5.1994
Research Projects: Completed one In-house Research Project
Conference/Seminar/Workshop Presentations: 2
- Teacher in-charge of Science Club
- Coordinator of DBT-Star College Scheme
Dr. W. Kharmawphlang Associate Professor and H.O.D. Chemistry actively participated/organised/ attended the following programmes :
- Participated an online National Level Webinar on “ Recent Advances in Nanomaterials Based Pesticides Sensor”, organized by the Department of Chemistry, Union Christian College, Umiam Khwan, Ri-Bhoi District, Meghalaya on the 4th December 2020.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on the Topic : ‘ Virtual Class room, the New Reality : Opportunities and Challenges”, organized by IQAC, Synod College, Shillong, on the 20th November 2020, in the Conference Hall of the College.
- Participated in the 1st Series of Lectures organized by the Centre for Historical Research, Synod College Shillong, on the Topic: “Hill State Movement in Meghalaya”, by Dr. Wanvei Roy Kharlukhi, Hon”ble Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha, on the 19th January 2021 at Synod College, Shillong.
- Participated in the Observation of the “ International Day of Education-2021”, in Celebration of the role of Education for Peace and Development, with the theme : “ Recover and Revitalize Education for the Covid – 19 Generation” on the 25th January 2021.
- Participated in the International Seminar on “Understanding Water Crisis: The Way Forward” held at Synod College, Shillong, on the 6th & 7th June 2019.
Dr. W. Kharmawphlang , organizes and actively participated in all the Programme conducted and arranged by the Department.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme held at Synod College, Shillong, on the 21st February 2020, in the Conference Hall.
- Participated in the on-line celebratiom of “Foundation Day of Synod College” organised by Synod College, Shillong, held on 1st July 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Celebrating the Mahatma” organised by Synod College, Shillong, on the 2nd October 2020.
- Participated in the Special Lecture on the Topic : “ Global Warming an Emerging Social Problems, by Prof. S.R. Joshi, Department of Bio-Technology & Bio-informatics, N.E.H.U., Shillong.
Dr. W. Kharmawphlang is the Coordinator of the DBT-Star College Scheme, Synod College, shillong, since 2015, she is also the Convener of the Extension programme cell , since 2019.
Dr. W. Kharmawphlang is the joint editor of JSET, a yearly science journal of the College since 2016 – 2020.