Badakynti Nylla Iangngap
"Nongkseh, Dong Syllei, Upper Shillong"
Qualifications M.A. N.E. T. M. Phil.
Areas of Interest:
Postcolonial Studies, Ecoliterature and Criticism, Indigenous Literature, Literature from North-east India with special reference to Khasi Literature.
Besides academics, I am actively pursuing music looking at it as a means of personal and cultural expression.
Date of Joining 2.6.2014
Orcid id: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8220-3431
- B.A. English from Kamala Nehru College, Delhi University, 2010.
- M.A. English from Delhi University, 2012.
- Cleared the UGC-NET, 2012.
- M.Phil from Delhi University,2014 titled “Stalemated Narratives: Reconsidering the Historical and the Literary in the Khasi Context under Prof. Baidik Bhattacharya.
- Currently pursuing Ph.D. from Department of English, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong under Prof. Esther Syiem.
- Voluntary teaching at Providence School, Shillong, 2004.
- An internship with The Viewspaper on June, 2010.
- Assistant Professor at Kalindi College, Delhi University, (2nd January, 2013- 31st May, 2014)
- Assistant Professor at Synod College, Shillong, (2nd June, 2014- till present)
- Currently Pursuing Ph.D from Department of English, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong titled “Representation of Self: A Study of Select Khasi Writers and Transcribers” under Prof. Esther Syiem. Date of Admission: 20th February, 2017, Expected Date of Completion: October 2023.
- M.Phil from Delhi University titled “Stalemated Narratives: Reconsidering the Historical and the Literary in the Khasi Context under Prof. Baidik Bhattacharya. 2012-2014
- Minor In -house Project funded by the IQAC, Synod College, Shillong, titled "Dialogic Interactions: Exploring the Relationship between the Oral and the Written with Reference to Khasi Literature,2016-2019.
- Organizing Secretary of the International Seminar “An Eye for an Eye: Conflict in South-East Asia” and art exhibition “Eying Conflict: An Art Exhibition,” organized by the Dept. of English, Synod College, 2019
- Course Content Creator and Co-ordinator of Certificate Course on Creative Writing, Synod College, 2015-2016
- Course Content Creator and Co-ordinator of Certificate Course on Communication Skills, Synod College, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- College Facilitator of Performing Journeys by the Khasi-Wales Collective, 2020.
- Teacher Advisor of Music Club, 2020- Present
- Faculty member of Placement Cell Committee, 2016-2018
- Faculty Member of Debate Committee: 2017-2019
- Faculty Member of Canteen Committee: 2020-Present
- Faculty Member of Music, Art, Drama Club: 2022- Present
- Guest Lecture in Special Lecture on “Representation of Self: With reference to Khasi Literature”, M.A. English, Department of English, N.E.H.U., 8th October, 2018.
- Co-scripted and directed a short film produced by the English Department, Kalindi College based on innovative pedagogical practices of introducing the Classics, 2013.
Academic Programmes Attended:
- Faculty Development Programme, IQAC, Synod College, 20th Oct., 2014
- Question Bank Workshop on English Language and Comprehansion, Staff Selection Commission, Govt. Of India, 5th-7th Jan, 2015, Shillong
- 33rd Orientation Programme, HRDC, UGC sponsored, NEHU. 18th May-14th June, 2015
- 7-Day Career Building –cum-National Workshop on “Documenting Oral Cultural Traditions of North-East India, organized by MAKAIAS, Kolkata and ICHR, New Delhi, held at Guwahati, February 2018.
- Refresher Course in Folkloristics and Semiotics (Interdisciplinary), UGC-HRDC, N.E. H. U., 18th March, 2019-7th April 2019.
- International Virtual Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology in Humanities, Social Sciences and Legal Studies organised by Shillong Law College in collaboration with Cape Comorin Trust, India, 1-7 November, 2021.
- Online National Workshop on MOOCs, E-Content Development and Open Educational Resources organised by Dept. of Education,NEHU, Tura Campus in Collaboarion with Dept. of Education and Educational Technology, School of Social Sciences, University of
- Hyderabad and Don Bosco College, Tura, Meghalaya, 14th-18th February, 2022.
- “The Question of Identity in the Khasi-Jaintia Hills: With Reference to Ka BniatNamar Ka Bniatand U Kiang Nongbah.” Ka ThwetJingstad, NEHU,August 2012, Vol. II, No.2. ISSN: 2278-6813.
- “A Postcolonial Reading of Isabel Allende’s Eva Luna” in The Criterion, An International Journal in English.Peer-Reviewed Open Access, April 2014, Vol. 5, Issue 2. ISSN: 0976-8165
- “A New Perspective: Life Skills and Literature, with reference to Khasi Oral Tradition.”International Journal of Life Skills Education, Peer Reviewed. July 2015, Vol.1, No. 2. ISSN: 2394-630X.
- “This too is History: The Evolution of Khasi Language and Literature” in Proceedings of North East India History Association.2018, Vol 39. ISSN: 2349-753X.
- “Reflections and Recalling: Self Representation and Identity in Ki JingsnengTymmen and Ki Phawar” in Proceedings of North East India History Association.2018, Vol 40. ISSN: 2349-753X
- “Negotiating Representation: The Self and Community in The Story of a Tribal: An Autobiography” in Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, Peer-Reviewed Open Access, Scopus Indexed. 2020, Vol. 12 No.6. ISSN: 0975-2935
- Blood and Tears edited by Badakynti Nylla Iangngap, Mankhrawbor Dunai and Gayreen. Concept Publishers, New Delhi, 2023. ISBN: 978-93-5594-631-7.