Dr Airpeace Well Rani
"Lawsohtun Block 5, Shillong P.O. Laban PIN - 793004"
Qualifications M.A. (Political Science), M.A. (Public Administration), M. Phil
Area of Interest Local Governance
Date of Joining 1.7.2011
1. ICSSR-NERC Minor Research Project, Relevance of the Traditional Political Institutions in Khasi Hills: A Case Study of Wahadadarship in Shella Confederacy. Completed and submitted in August 2015.
1. “Youth and Extremist Politics in Meghalaya: A Preliminary Note”, The Political Anvil (December 2012 Vol.1 ISSN 2319-7528).
2. Book Review on ‘Ethics and Environment: Theory and the Adi and Khasi practice’ in Man and Society, Vol. XIII. Summer 2016 (RNI No. MEGENG/2004/19658. & ISSN 2229-4058) published by the Indian Council of Social Science Research – North Eastern Regional Centre, NEHU campus Shillong 793022.
1. “Women and Political Representation: A Study of Elections to Meghalaya” in Parliamentary Democracy in India: Experiences and Prospects (Eds), Akansha Publishing House, New Delhi.2014.
2. “Status of Women in Democratic Legislative Institutions: A Comparative Study between Meghalaya and Assam Legislative Assemblies in the Last two Assembly Elections” Democracy and Development in India’s North-East: Challenges and Opportunities (Ed.), Bookwell, Delhi. 2015.
3. “Revisiting the Institution of Wahadadarship of Shella:Examining its Relevance in the Present Times”, in Revisiting Traditional Institutions in the Khasi-Jaintia Hills (Ed.), Cambridge Scholars Publishing, UK, 2016.
4. “Traditional Institutions and Urban Governance in Meghalaya with Special Reference to Shillong City”, in Revisiting Traditional Institutions in the Khasi-Jaintia Hills (Ed.), Cambridge Scholars Publishing, UK, 2016.
1. Women and Political Representation in Meghalaya: A Study of Elections to the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly’ in the National Conference “Sixty Years of the Working of Parliamentary Democracy in India: Experiences and Prospects” organized by Synod College, Shillong (27th – 28th June 2012).
2. ‘Status of Women in Democratic Legislative Institutions: A Comparative Study between Meghalaya and Assam Legislative Assemblies in the Last Two Elections’ in the National Seminar organized by the ICSSR-NERC, Shillong (6th December 2013).
1. Batskhem Myrboh and Airpeace Well Rani (Eds), Parliamentary Democracy in India: Experiences and Prospects, Akansha Publishing House, New Delhi. 2014.