Nongkseh 3rd mile upper shillong
Qualifications: M.A., N.E.T., M.Phil.
Areas of Interest/Specialization: International Politics, Refugees and migrant studies
Experience: Teaching in Synod College since August 2016.
Academic/Administrative Responsibilities in Synod College
- Editor of the annual Journal, The Political Anvil, Synod College (2020-2022).
- Member of Women’s Cell, 2020-2022.
- Member of Organizing Committee for the Seminar, ‘Look South Policy with special reference to the states of the NER: Challenges and Opportunities’, 29 and 30 September.
- Course Coordinator of the UGC Net Coaching, Dept. of Political Science, August 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021.
- Member of the NAAC preparation and Quality Improvement Committee, Synod College 2021-2023.
- Minor Research Project on ‘Learning in the times of Covid-19: Recovery and Response (A case Study of Education in Meghalaya)’, ICSSR-NERC funded on February 2022.
- The Authorised Biography of Evansius Kek Mawlong, funded by the son of the late Chief Minister of Meghalaya, F. Lyngdoh 2017-2018, International Centre for North East Studies, Synod College.
3. Racial Discrimination against People of North East India, 2020, Research Assistant of the Committee examining racial discrimination, a report of the National People’s Party and funded by the National People’s Party.
Journals & Proceedings
1. Climate Change and International Relations”, The Political Anvil 2014, Journal of the Department of Political Science, Synod College, Shillong, Volume No.1 ISSN 2319-7528.
2. “Geopolitics and the Pandemic”, The Political Anvil 2020, Journal of the Department of Political Science, Synod College, Shillong, Volume 9 No.1 ISSN 2319-7528.
1. “Burmese Indian: Growth of Burmese Nationalism and ethnic Discrimination”, Sage Volume Linking India and its Eastern Neighbours: Development in North East and Borderlands, 2020, edited by H, Srikanth and M. Majumdar, part of Sage Series on North East India.
3. “Global Presence: Gandhi’s influence on contemporary World Politics’, Celebrating the Mahatma, edited by David Kharchandy and Persara Lyngdoh.
4. “Human Resources Development in EU and SAARC: A Comparative Study (emphasis on India and Germany)”, Human Development in South Asia: Issues and Challenges, edited by Khongjoh, Myrboh and Wanswett, Synergy books 2020.
1. ‘The Responses to the Refugee Crisis in Europe’ at the ‘Culture and Politics in Europe today’, organised by the Amsterdam Centre for Contemporary European Studies (ACCESS EUROPE) at the University of Amsterdam, 19-22 June, 2017.
- “Increasing need for grassroots Governance in the wake of Covid -19’at the Two-day International Webinar on 'Pandemic Realities: Emerging Issues & Perspectives', jointly organised by Maynaguri College, Jalpaiguri, West Bengal & Parimal Mitra Smriti Mahavidyalaya, Mal, West Bengal on the 17 & 18 August 2020.
- “Factoring the North Eastern States in India’s Development Policy:2014-2018”, Publication proceedings of the UGC-SAP National Seminar on Public Policy, Governance and Development in North-Eastern States of India, Department Of Political Science, NEHU.
- “Burmese Indian: Identity Challenges” presented at the UGC-SAP International Seminar on North-East India and its International Neighbours: New Direction, March 27-28 2018, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
5. “A Comparative Study of Human Resources in Europe and South Asia”, presented at the two-day International Inter-disciplinary Seminar on Human Resources Development in South Asia: Capabilities, Challenges and Prospects, March 16-17, 2018, Synod College and South Asia Social Science Research Network, Shillong.
- ’Religion and Politics in the Tribal area of Meghalaya, in the International Student Week in Ilmenau (ISWI), 17th-27th May 2019, in Ilmenau, Germany.
- ‘Day Zero: Are we there yet?’ presented in the International Seminar on Understanding Water Crisis; The Way Forward”, 6-7th June, 2019 at Synod College in Collaboration with P.A. Sangma Foundation and Meghalaya Basin Development Authority.
1. “Global Presence: Gandhi’s influence on contemporary World Politics’, webinar on Celebrating the Mahatma, on the 29th September 2020 as part of the Commemoration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of the Mahatma Gandhi, Synod College in Collaboration with Department of Arts and Culture, Government of Meghalaya.
2. ‘War and Women: Reflections from South East Asia’, international seminar Eye for an Eye: Conflict in South East Asia, 6-7 November, 2019, at Synod College.
3. “Factoring the North Eastern States in India’s Development Policy:2014-2018”, UGC-SAP National Seminar on Public Policy, Governance and Development in North-Eastern States of India, organised by the Department of Political Science, North-Eastern Hill University, 13th-15th March, 2019.
4. “Act East Policy: Security Implications for North East India”, North East India History Association, 39th Annual Conference, 1-3 November 2018.
5. ‘Germany’s response to the refugee Crisis’, National Young Scholars’ Meet, organised by the Department of Political Science, Guwahati University on 13th December 2018.
6. “Indo-China Relations: Hostile Encounters and Prospect for Peace”, National Seminar on Changing Contexts of India-China Relation: Insights and lessons from Crisis Pathways and Imperatives in Stability and Convergence”, ICSSR NERC, Nehu Campus, Shillong, 11 September 2017.
7. “Hill Station Tourism: Encountered Challenges and Opportunities”, National Seminar on ‘Sustainable Tourism: Striking a Socio-Economic and Environmental Balance”, Dept of Sociology, Synod College, 4-5 September 2017.
- Live Webinar, Grassroots Governance and the Contribution of Traditional Institutions in the Management of Covid-19 in Meghalaya, organized by the Department of Political Science under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell, St Anthony’s College, Shillong held on 18th July, 2020
- National Webinar SAJINMA-SAGOP (PANDEMIC): COVID-19 AND CULTURE’’ organised by the Department of English on Don Bosco College, Tura 17th August 2020.
- “The Moment We Have Arrived At: A Long Term Political Economic Perspective”, National Webinar conducted by the Royal Global University, Guwahati on the 22nd July 2020.
4. ‘Techno nationalism and Emergence of a New World Order”, Webinar conducted by the Royal Global University, Guwahati on the 10thJuly 2020.
- Lessons from the Past: Studying Trends and Responses to epidemics, National Seminar organised by the Department of History, Sophia Girls’ College, Ajmer from 10th- 11th July 2020.
- India and the Neighbourhood: Next Gen Concerns and Ideas, Young Thinkers Conference, organised by Asian Confluence and British Deputy High Commissioner, Kolkata on 8-9 August 2019.
- International Student Week in Ilmenau (ISWI), a fully funded student weeklong Conference, 17th-27th May 2019, in Ilmenau, Germany
- International Student Week in Belgrade (ISWiB), 15th- 23rd April 2018, in Belgrade Serbia.
- International Seminar, “India and Nordics in a changing world”, 2014, Centre for European studies.
- International Seminar Indo German Partnership Workshop, “Foundations of the India-Europe Strategic Partnership, German Foreign Policy from near and abroad”, 10-11 April 2017, Centre for European Studies, JNU in Collaboration with University of Wuzburg.
- International Seminar The EU Integration Experiences: Maastricht and After, Young Research Scholars’ Workshop, 12th April 2017, Centre for European Studies, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Two-day International Seminar on “Cross Border Connectivity and Inclusive growth- Possibilities and Challenges with special reference to the North- Eastern Region” organised as part of the Golden Jubilee Celebration 2016-2017 by Shillong College, Shillong.
- “From Water Crisis to Water as a Common Heritage: Towards Realising the Right to Water and River Rights”, Special talk by Prof. Phillipe Cullet. Professor of International and Environmental Law at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London on 23rd August 2019.
Faculty Development and Training:
- ‘Prospects and Challenges of NEP 2020 in Higher Education”, Key note Speaker Dr. G.D Sharma, FDP organised by Internal Quality Assurance Cell in collaboration with Department of Education (PG), Synod College, Shillong on 4th May, 2022.
- One-week online teaching-Learning workshop on Design, Development, Delivery of e-content, and online assessment, organised by Unit of Educational Studies and Research, Institute for Development and Communication (IDC), Chandigarh on 20-25 July 2020.
- Teach the Teacher 2.0, a one-week Faculty Development Program, organized by the Headway academy, on 31.07.2020 - 6.08.2020.
- Virtual Classroom, the New Reality: Opportunities and Challenges, resource person Professor L.J. Shen, Dean of the School of Technology, NEHU, FDP organised by IQAC, Synod College.
- Training of Trainers on Capacity Building in Local Governance, ICSSR North Eastern Regional Centre, Shillong and Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development, held on 3rd, 4th and 5th December 2018.
- Workshop on Academic writing and Publication, organised by Research Cell, IQAC, Synod College, Shillong on the 30th April, 2019.