"Nongkseh Upper Shillong East Khasi Hills District"
M. Sc. – Department of Botany, North Eastern Hill University Ph. D – Department of Botany, North Eastern Hill University
- Book Chapter
- Swer H., and Dkhar M.S. 2014. Influence of crop rotation and intercropping on microbial populations in cultivated fields under different organic amendments. In: Kharwar, R.N., Upadhyay, R., Dubey, N., Raghuwanshi, R. (Eds.). Microbial Diversity and Biotechnology in Food Security - ISBN 978-81-322-1800-5 (DOI 10.1007/978-81-322-1801-2) Springer (New Delhi). pp 571-580
- Journals :
- Swer, H., Dkhar, M.S. and Kayang, H. 2011. Fungal population and diversity in organically amended agricultural soils of Meghalaya, India. Journal of Organic Systems, 6 (2) 3 - 12 (ISSN 1177-4258) pp 3-12.
- Wankhar, B., Swer, H., Marbaniang, N.C., Khonglah, F.S., Jyrwa, S., and Kharkongor, D. 2013. Wild edible plants used as vegetables by the rural folks of Meghalaya, North-East India. NEBio. 4 (3). (ISSN 2278-2281) pp. 10-13.
- B. Wankhar, H. Swer. 2014. Some interesting wild edible mushrooms found in the pine forest floor of Khasi hills Meghalaya, India. Journal of Science and Environment Today, 1 (ISSN 2394-6490) pp. 65-71.
- Swer, H., and Wankhar, B. 2019. Occurrence of wild edible mushrooms family Russulaceae in Meghlaya and their characterization. Journal of Science and Environment Today, 3 (ISSN 2394-6490) pp. 7 -15.
- Swer, H. and Suchiang D. 2020. Studies on the effect of different ratios of vermicompost on rhizosphere mycoflora of maize plant. Journal of Science and Environment Today, 4 (ISSN 2394-6490) pp. 17 -24.
Presentations in Seminar/Symposium/Conference (National/International):
- Paper Presentation at the National Symposium on “Assessment and Conservation of Plant Genetic Resources under changing Environment” Department of Botany, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, 8th- 10th Sept 2010.
- Paper Presentation at the National Symposium on “Microorganisms and Plant Health” & 24th Annual General meeting of Indian Phytopathological Society (East Zone), Department of Botany, Guwahati University, Assam 4th – 5th November 2011.
- Poster Presentation at the International Conference on “Mycology and Plant Pathology Biotechnological Approach”, Centre for Advanced studies in Botany, Banaras Hindu University, Uttar Pradesh, 27th – 29th February 2012.
- Paper Presentation at the National Symposium on Himalayan Biodiversity: Prospects and Challenges UGC-Centre for Advanced Studies in Botany, North Eastern Hill University, 20th -21st March 2014.
- Paper Presentation at the National Seminar on Sustainable Tourism and Environmental Conservation: A tool for Community Development, Sankardev College, Shillong, Meghalaya, 12th – 13th March 2020.
- Online Paper Presentation at the 11th International Conference Solid Waste Management (IconSWM-CE) & IPLA Global Forum 2021, organized by IconSWM-CE & IPLA Global Forum 2021 Jadavpur University, West Bengal, 1st to 4th December 2021.
Research projects (Complete/Ongoing):
- UGC Minor Research Project - “Study on fungal biodiversity with special reference to wild edible mushrooms of Khasi Hills and Ri-Bhoi areas” sponsored by University Grants Commission, North-Eastern Regional Office, Dispur, Guwahati – 781 006 (2015 – 2018) Completed.
- In-house project - “Organic compost: for sustainable and eco-friendly agriculture” sponsored by IQAC, Synod College (2021-2023) – Ongoing.
- Community Extension project – “Construction of spring tap chamber at Wahktieh, Nongrim & Marikaphon, Sohra” implemented by Science Departments, Synod College under DBT Star College Scheme, funded by Shri T Chyne (MDC) under the 15th Finance Commission untied grant 2020-2021 of Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council (KHADC) & Shri Gavin Mylliem, MLA (Sohra) under the Chief Minister’s Special Development Fund (CMSDF) (2021-2022) - Completed.
- 2017 - To study the ecology of Lyniong Sacred grove, East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya (B.Sc. 5th Semester) - Completed
- 2018 - Study of air mycoflora in the Department (B.Sc. 4th Semester) – Completed
- 2019 - Collection of medicinally important species from selected villages of Meghalaya (B.Sc. 3rd Semester) – Completed
- 2019 - Study of grassland ecology in Kyrdemkhla village, East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya (B.Sc. 5th Semester) – Completed
- 2021 - An ecological study on the disturbed forest stand of Mawphlang, (B.Sc. 5th Semester) – Completed
- 2021 - Study of plant diversity at Synod College extended campus, Mawpdang, East Khasi Hills, (B.Sc. 5th Semester) – Completed
- 2021 - Documentation of wild edible fruits and vegetables in two selected villages of Meghalaya, (B.Sc. 5th Semester) – Completed
Awards/ Recognition received:
- IconSWM - CE Excellence Award 2021 for Best Paper Presentation presented by International Society of Waste Management, Air and Water (ISWMAW) at the 11th International Conference Solid Waste Management (IconSWM-CE) & IPLA Global Forum 2021 held from 1st to 4th December 2021.
Workshops/ Training / Faculty Development Programmes / Refresher Course attended:
- Two days Workshop cum five days training Programme on “Recent Advances in Microbial Biotechnology and Molecular Biology”, Department of Forestry, NERIST, Arunachal Pradesh 6th- 10th Oct 2008.
- Short Term training Course in Data Analysis Using Excel organised by Computer Centre, NEHU, Shillong, August- Sept 2009, NEHU, Shillong
- Workshop on “Basic principles, Preparatory methods and application in scanning Electron Microscope”, Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF), NEHU, Shillong 3rd- 5th Nov 2009.
- Workshop on “Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy: Basic Principles, Applications and Practical Demonstrations”, Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF), NEHU, Shillong, 11th- 13th Nov 2009.
- Hands on Training on the Tools & Techniques in Life Sciences, 11th – 15th September 2014, St Mary’s College, Shillong, Meghalaya.
- Introduction and application of Bio-informatics, organized by Biotech Hub - Synod College, 7th December, 2015.
- One Day Faculty Development programme organised by IQAC, Synod College, 3rd June 2016.
- One day Faculty Development Programme organised by IQAC, Synod College, 28th September 2018
- One- week Online teaching-learning Workshop on “Design, Development, Delivery of e-content and Online Assessment” organized by Unit of Educational Studies and Research, Institute for Development and Communication, Chandigarh, 20th – 25th July 2020
- Online UGC-STRIDE Refresher Course (Multidisciplinary) on “Research Methodology: Research ethics, Methods, Skills, Writing and Communication” organized by UGC- HRDC, Mizoram University, 19th August - 1st September 2020
- One day Faculty Development Programme organised by IQAC, Synod College, 20th November 2020
- UGC- sponsored 4th Faculty Induction Programme organised by UGC-HRC, North Eastern Hill University, 11th March 2021 to 10th April 2021
- Three-days Online Workshop on “Integrating Research and Technological innovations for effective teaching and learning” organised by Unit of Educational Studies and Research, Institute for Development and Communication, Panjab University, Chandigarh, 24th to 26th May 2021.
- One Day Faculty Orientation Programme organised by IQAC, Synod College, 30th March 2022.
- UGC Sponsored Inter/Multi-Disciplinary Refresher Course on Physical, Life and Earth Sciences organised by UGC-HRDC, Mizoram University from 28th July 2022 to 10th August 2022.
- 12thIconSWM-CE & IPLA Global Forum 2022 12th International Conference on Sustainable Waste Management & Circular Economy and IPLA Global Forum 2022 International Society of Waste Management, Air and Water (ISWMAW) Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India November 30 – December 03, 2022
Seminars/Webinars/Special lectures participated:
- National Symposium on “Frontiers in Biocomplexity and Biodiversity of plant” organised by Centre for advanced Studies, 14th- 15th March 2008, NEHU, Shillong.
- The 96th Indian Science Congress organised by Indian Science Congress Association, 3rd- 7th Jan 2009, NEHU, Shillong.
- National Workshop on Microbial Diversity Database organised by Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, NEHU and supported by Department of Information and Technology, Govt. of India, 29th- 30th Oct 2009, NEHU, Shillong.
- Special Lecture on “Evolutionary Phytogeography studies of Northeast India” by Dr. U. K. Mishra, Retd. Director Science and Technology, North Eastern council, Government of India 29th September 2015 organised by Science Departments under DBT-Star College Scheme, Synod College.
- Special lecture on “Biodiversity: Horizons for higher studies and research”, by Prof. Lauchlan H. Fraser, Thompson Rivers University, Canada - 19th October 2015 organised by Synod College.
- Special lecture on “Indigenous voices on climate change” by Dr.G. Raygorodetsky, Ontario, Canada – 4th November 2015 organised by Synod College.
- Special talk on “From Water Crisis to Water as a Common Heritage” by Prof. Phillipe Cullet International & Environmental law, School of Oriental & African Studies, University of London Senior Visiting Fellow, Centre for Policy & Research, New Delhi, organised by Synod College, 23rd August 2019.
- Webinar on “Tree improvement at a glance” and Wildlife Conservation – Why and How?” organized by Department of Forestry, Mizoram University. 30th June 2020.
- Webinar on “Research Ethics, Copyright and Plagiarism” organized by Mizoram University under UGC-STRIDE Programme, 20th July 2020.
- International Webinar on “Biodiversity conservation and Sustainable Development: Issues, Challenges and Outcomes” organized by Post Graduate Department of Botany, Brahmananda Keshab Chandra College, Kolkata, 14th & 21st August 2020.
- National Webinar on “Is Pandemic Lockdown a Green Movement for Biodiversity” organized by Department of Botany & Zoology, Sophia’s Girls College, Ajmer Rajasthan, 24th & 25th August 2020.
- “New Education Policy 2020 and Management Education” organised by Department of Management, Mizoram University, Aizawl, 20th May 2021.
- “Basic Counselling skills for Teachers” organised by Counselling cell in collaboration with IQAC, Synod College, Shillong, 16th July 2021.
- “UGC-sponsored webinar on Development of e-content” organised by UGC- HRDC, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, 18th September 2021.
Members of committees, editorial board, evaluation board/ organizing member:
- Member DBT-Star College Scheme, Synod College (2015 – 2020)
- Department Co-ordinator, DBT-Star College Scheme (2021 till date)
- Member Differently-Able cell, Synod College.
- Member Editorial Board, Synod College Magazine.
- Associate Editor - Journal of Science and Environment Today, Synod College (2018-2019).
- Editor – Journal of Science and Environment Today, Synod College (2020-2022).
- Staff adviser – Synod College Science Club (2020-2024).
- Evaluation and assessment of NEHU Examination (2017 till date).
- Organizing member of Special Lectures, Celebration of important National Days, Inter-school and Inter-college Science exhibitions and competitions, Outreach and Extension programmes and other programmes organised by the Department and by the Science Departments, Synod College under DBT-Star College Scheme (2015 till date).
- Organizing Secretary of National Webinar on Waste Management organised by the Science Departments, Synod College under DBT-Star College Scheme, 3rd November, 2021.